Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation Review

Initially I got a free sample of this in the shade recommended to me 5.5 (this falls in the medium range on their foundation colour charts, see these on the Armani website). In the beginning I was so pleased with this buildable, lightweight foundation that I decided to purchase. A whopping €42.50 to Irish consumers-ouch!
Now it sounds like I'm happy so far, right?
It's just that as time has gone on (I bought this 2 months ago) I'm less impressed. It doesn't give fantastic cover on my combination/oily/occassionally blemished skin, despite careful application and blending up to 3 layers and powdering. Luminous Silk seems to wear and fade noticeably on my skin type after a couple of hours. The moment I realised this was definitely not going to stay in my makeup bag happened last week when I mixed in a drop of revlon colourstay to improve the coverage.
Say what? Improve a €40+ foundation with revlon colorstay?
It's important to mention that I have had greater success with Luminous Silk as a kit foundation used on normal/dry skin types. Although it will not become a makeup kit staple.
Now maybe I would have had more luck with Armani's more matte finish Lasting Silk but the sales assistant didn't even suggest it. I sensed this was a result of hurried commision led selling which is often the trouble with some beauty counters. Will they ever learn? Sigh...

Verdict: Armani Luminous Silk is definitely better suited for normal to dry skin types but is overpriced.
Suggestion: The best expensive foundation purchase for normal/dry skin remains Chanel Vitalumiere.

No comments:

Post a Comment